Baby Proofing Products & Kits
Safety 1st Outsmart Lever Handle Lock
Safety 1st 46 Pieces Essentials Child Proofing Kit
Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Lock - 3Pk
Safety1st Cabinet Slide Lock
KidCo® Door Knob Covers
KidCo® Anti-tip Furniture Straps
Dreambaby® Safety Catches - 12pk
Safety 1st Plug Protectors
KidCo® Foam Edge & Corner Protectors
Table Desk Corner Edge Protectors Soft Safety Protection Guard 4 Pcs
Safety 1st Side by Side Cabinet Lock
Safety 1st Locks & Latches Lever Handle Lock
Prince Lionheart Cabinet Latch
Safety 1st HS271 Outsmart Flex Lock with Decoy Button
Safety 1st Home Safeguarding Set
Safety 1st Locks & Latches Multi-Purpose Appliance Latch
Safety1st 4 Lock Magnetic Locking System
Kidco Outlet Plug Cover
Dreambaby Mini Multi-Purpose 4 Pack Latches
KidCo® Anti-tip TV Straps
Dreambaby® Multi-Purpose Latch - Mix Pack
Dreambaby Ezy-Fit Door 3 Pack Knob Covers
Prince Lionheart stoveGUARD
KidCo® Adhesive Mount Cabinet & Drawer Lock
Dreambaby 2 Pack Blind Cord Wind-Ups
Dreambaby 4 Pack Brown Classic Foam Corner Protectors
Right Angle Design Cupboard Wardrobe Door Fridge Safety Lock White 5 Pcs
Safety 1st Plug Protectors
Safety 1st Grip N Twist Door Knob Covers
KidCo Door Lever Lock White
KidCo®Adhesive Toilet Lock
KidCo® Soft Corner Protectors
KidCo®Sliding Cabinet Locks
KidCo®Door Knob Locks
KidCo® Foam Corner Protectors
KidCo® Bi-fold Door Lock
Safety 1st No Drill Top of Door Guard
KidCo® Sliding Closet Door Locks
Safety 1st Stainless Steel Stove Knob Covers 5 Pk
Brica White HOT™ Sun SAFETY™ Shades 2PK
Safety 1st HS2700300 Outsmart Multi-Use Lock with Decoy Button
KidCo Childproofing Kit
KidCo® Flexible Strap Locks
Wittle Finger Pinch Guard - 4pk Foam Door Stopper to Baby Proof Doors
Safety 1st Grip 'n Go Cabinet Lock
Prince Lionheart Door Knob Covers
KidCo® Spring Action Locks
KidCo Childproofing Kit, White
Dreambaby® Adhesive Safety Latches Regular - 4 Pack
Safety 1st Pre-Crawler Ready Set Kit
Dremababy® Chelsea Xtra-Wide Hallway Auto-Close Security Gate - White
Safety 1st Refrigerator Door Lock
KidCo® Finger Guards
KidCo®Universal Outlet Cover
Dreambaby Strollerbuddy Strollaway over The Door Stroller Hanger
Dreambaby® Brooklyn Converta® Play-Pen Gate with Mesh Panels
Wittle Finger Pinch Guard - 2pk. Stop Door Slamming Shut on Baby Hands.
Dreambaby Stove and Oven 5 Pack Knob Covers
Safety 1st Multi-Purpose Appliance Lock - Décor - 2 Pack
Baby Proofing Your Home to Keep Toddling Tots Safe
Baby proofing can help keep curious kids safe once they're mobile. With every milestone, your child encounters new possible safety hazards, but with a little care, you can keep many potential dangers out of reach. While nothing replaces parental vigilance, child locks, baby gates and other child-proofing accessories from Walmart Canada can help secure some of the most common dangerous areas in your home before your little one starts to crawl or toddle.
When to Baby Proof Your Home
Babies typically start to crawl between 6 and 10 months of age, and they start to pull themselves up to a standing position and toddle around shortly after that. Start your baby-proofing efforts a few months before your child is mobile, or even before your child is born, to ensure you have everything covered, locked and secured before your child is old enough to encounter any dangers.
Baby Proofing for a New Crawler
Crawling babies can cruise into trouble when access to previously off-limits areas becomes possible. Because every home is different, it's a good idea to get down and crawl around to seek out any potential hazards. Sometimes small dangers aren't apparent from a parent-eye view but become obvious once you're down at your child's level. Here are some of the ways you should baby-proof before your child becomes mobile:
- Install outlet covers on all electrical outlets in your home and secure low cabinets and drawers with child safety locks. Move furniture in front of outlets that are currently in use to prevent a curious baby from pulling the cord out.
- Child locks on low-lying cabinets can help prevent small fingers from getting crushed or caught, but don't necessarily rely on them to completely prevent access to dangerous household chemicals. Move any household cleaners or chemicals from low cabinets to higher shelves out of your child's reach just in case your crawling baby manages to get into a drawer or cabinet despite the locks.
- Baby gates are a must-have item once your little one becomes mobile. Use them to limit access to stairs or to keep your child contained in a specific area of the home.
Child-Proof Your House Against Toddler Curiosity
Once your baby starts pulling up onto furniture and taking those first tentative steps, a new set of dangers opens up. Keep your toddling tot safe with baby proofing accessories that fend off dangers a little higher than floor level. Here are some of the things you need to kid proof before your child steps up into the world of walking:
- Even tiny tots can accidentally topple over a nursery dresser with a tug or cruise into the edge of a coffee table while trying to navigate the room. Use furniture straps to secure televisions , furniture and major appliances against the walls to prevent tipping.
- Slip knob covers over doorknobs to keep them from turning, so kids can't grip and twist their way into an off-access room or accidentally turn a stable supportive door into a swinging safety hazard.
- Cover the edges of low tables with foam corner protectors to create safe, soft bumpers for a cruising kid. Outfit your child's room with kids furniture that has soft edges and rounded corners for a kid-friendly environment that lasts into the preschool and grade school years.
- Window blind cords can wrap around an unsuspecting toddler's neck, so replace your window coverings with cordless blinds before your child is old enough to reach the cords.
Keep in mind that even the most vigilant baby-proofing doesn't take the place of parental supervision. The goal of child-proofing a home is to minimize the dangers, but keeping an eye on your child is essential.