COVID-19 — Walmart Updates
How we’re prioritizing the health of our customers, our associates, and our communities.
We are incredibly proud of all of our Associates. Tens of thousands of our team members are working hard every day to take care of our customers, service our communities and support each other across Canada.
Our Associates truly show our Walmart spirit by rising to the challenge of these unprecedented times. Each member of our team is going above and beyond to organize and deliver products to stores, ensure shelves are stocked, checkout is fast and customers have access to all their family needs. We are also grateful to our Associates' spouses and loved ones who have had to take on extra responsibilities - particularly with many schools and daycares closed.
We are pleased to announce some programs we have put in place to thank our store and supply chain Associates during this time:
- Appreciation Bonus – To thank over 90,000 store and supply chain associates for all of their hard work this past month, we will be providing all active Hourly Associates a March Appreciation Bonus of $200 for all Full-Time Associates and $100 for all Part-Time Associates.
- Thank You Premium - Effective April 3 through April 30 (extended to May 31), for every hour worked, we will be providing a Thank You Premium of $2.00 for every Store and Supply Chain Hourly Associate on top of their hourly rate. This premium will be included on each pay for hours worked throughout this period.
- Associate Discount Enhancement – In addition to their existing discounts, Walmart Canada will be offering every Associate an additional 10% discount for two shopping days in April. This will help enable Associates to purchase the essentials they need.
- Store Incentive Program – We have accelerated the deposit of Annual Incentive Plan payouts by 2 weeks for all Store Associates. All eligible Associates will receive their payment earlier on April 3.
- Access to Online Physician Care – We're offering access to live online physician care for all 90,000 Associates at no cost so that they can get the advice and care they need.
- Support For Quarantined Associates – We're providing two-week replacement pay for Associates under mandated quarantine and additional supplemental income for those with confirmed cases who are require to stay home beyond two weeks.
Once again, we want to thank our Associates for everything that they're doing to help serve our Canadian customers.