Low prices everyday on laptops & notebooks at Walmart.ca
Whether you're writing an essay, preparing a presentation, watching your favourite show or reading the news, there's a laptop out there to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking for gaming laptops or 2-in-1 laptops, this laptop buying guide can help you find the right fit.
Laptops come in a variety of sizes with different performance features to fit your lifestyle. Understanding how you plan to use your laptop is the first step in deciding which is the best laptop for you. On a tight budget? Refurbished laptops might be right for you or sleek, functional Chromebooks.
Netbooks and business laptops are great for travel and allow for easy access to work and documents. Laptop bags will help protect your PC when travelling.
Laptop Buying Tips:
- Laptops for school and everyday use require moderate performance features
- Laptops for business that use multimedia require mid-to high-performance features
- Laptops for gaming require high performance features and special graphics cards
- Higher processors, more memory, and special graphics cards can add to the cost of a laptop; they are a “nice-to-have” but not usually required for day-to-day computing
- Higher performance features can drain battery life more quickly
- Higher storage sizes offer a greater capacity to hold games, videos, photos and music
- If your laptop hard drive is getting full, cheap and easy fixes include adding more internal memory, buying an external hard drive, or moving some of your data to the cloud
Read more from our editors on Tips & Ideas about: