Walmart Rewards™ MasterCard®
Earn Walmart Rewards
Earn Walmart Rewards virtually anywhere MasterCard® is accepted. They add up fast.
- Earn 1.25% of your purchases in Walmart Rewards when you shop Walmart stores in Canada.8
- Earn 1% of your purchases in Walmart Rewards anywhere else MasterCard® is accepted.
- Walmart Rewards are earned in dollar equivalents, not points, so it's easy to know how much you have to redeem.
Calculate Your Rewards
An example of how it works:
When you shop at Walmart 8:
When you shop anywhere else MasterCard® is accepted:
Redeem Walmart Rewards
It's as easy as earning them. Really.
- Redeem Walmart Rewards instantly at any cash register9 in any Walmart store in Canada.
- You can start redeeming once you've earned a minimum of $5.3
- You'll never miss the chance to save!3 Every time you use your Walmart Rewards MasterCard® at Walmart, you'll be reminded how many Walmart Rewards you have available to redeem.
- Redeem in $5 increments.
- Plus, your Walmart Rewards don't have an expiration date. So, save them up or use them right away.
Few credit cards can match these extras without an annual fee.
Free Supplementary Cards
Request free additional cards for family members and earn Walmart Rewards faster.
Pay by simply tapping your card when you see the
Tap & Go symbol at checkout.
Manage Your Account Online
Register your account, and in a few clicks see your transactions and Walmart Rewards online – anywhere, anytime.
Access cash anywhere you see the MasterCard® or Cirrus® logo – over 26 million cash locations in 210 countries!
Personalized Convenience Cheques5
When credit cards aren't accepted, use Walmart Reward MasterCard® convenience cheques instead. Order by calling 1-888-331-6133.
Pre-authorized Payment Plan5
Ensure your monthly Walmart Rewards MasterCard® payments are always made on time. By enrolling in the plan, you can choose to either pay your minimum payment or complete balance each month. We will automatically debit the payment from your bank account.
Protect Your Card and Purchases
Balance Protection Plan
The Balance Protection Plan6 can cover your payments when you can’t make them.
This optional insurance plan can pay 5% of your account balance if you:
- Lose your job, through no fault of your own (excluding self-employed individuals)
- Become disabled
- Are hospitalized
Or you or your spouse who is an authorized user’s entire balance in case of:
- Critical illness (cancer, heart attack, stroke)
- Terminal Illness
Prior to July 1, 2015 premium is calculated at the rate of $0.85* per $100 of your statement balance and effective July 1, 2015 will be calculated at the rate of $0.95* per $100 of your monthly statement balance (plus applicable taxes), in any month with a balance of $25 or more at the time the statement prints. This means you only pay for the coverage you need.
Credit Card Legal
‡Walmart Rewards Mastercard Cardholders are eligible to earn Walmart Reward Dollars on purchases made with their Walmart Rewards Mastercard account. Walmart Reward Dollars apply to net card purchases (purchases minus returns and adjustments). Walmart Rewards Mastercard Cardholders will earn 3 times the Walmart Reward Dollars on purchases made in Walmart stores of Great Value products between November 1st, 2017 and November 30th, 2017. The categorization of a purchase as a Great Value product is determined by the category code selected by Wal-Mart Canada Corp. Walmart Canada Bank is not responsible for any category code errors for Great Value products. Walmart Reward Dollars are based on the aggregate amount of your purchases, before tax, credits and adjustments. Walmart Reward Dollars may be deducted from your account and from future earned Walmart Reward Dollars when credit transactions or adjustments that are posted to your account are not offset by Walmart Reward Dollars earned on new purchases. Bonus Walmart Reward Dollars will be added to your account by your February 2018 statement date. This offer is not available online and is also subject to the full Walmart Rewards Program Terms and Conditions found at walmartfinancial.ca. ®/™Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. The Walmart Rewards Mastercard® is issued by Walmart Canada Bank. All Walmart trademarks are the property of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and are used by Walmart Canada Bank under license.
- The Walmart Rewards™ MasterCard® is issued by Walmart Canada Bank. All Walmart trademarks are the property of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. and are used by Walmart Canada Bank under license.
- MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks, Tap & Go™ is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
- Walmart Rewards are redeemable for savings on future purchases made at Walmart Stores in Canada only. Conditions, restrictions and exclusions apply. See Walmart Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for details.
- When you make your first two qualifying purchases10 and sign up for paperless statements.11
- Walmart Rewards are not earned on these products. See Walmart Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for details.
- Enrollment in the Balance Protection Plan (BPP) is optional. If you cancel within 30 days, any premiums that have been billed to you will be refunded and your coverage will be void. You may also cancel at any time. The BPP premium (which is calculated at the rate of $0.95* per $100 of my monthly statement balance), plus applicable taxes, will be charged to your Walmart Rewards MasterCard account, if you have a monthly statement balance of $25 or more at the time your statement prints. BPP is underwritten by The Canada Life Assurance Company. See Balance Protection Plan Disclosures for details.
- Enrollment in the Extended Warranty Plan (EWP) is optional. If you cancel within 30 days, any warranty fees that have been billed to you will be refunded and your coverage will be void. You may also cancel at any time. EWP is only available in the provinces or territories of Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. The EWP warranty fee (which is $3.99 a month), plus applicable taxes, will be charged to your Walmart Rewards MasterCard account, if you have a monthly statement balance of $25 or more at the time your statement prints. EWP is provided and administered by Asurion Consumer Solutions of Canada Corp. EWP is not an insurance product and is not underwritten by an insurance company. See Extended Warranty Plan Disclosures for details.
- References to dollars spent in our stores means Walmart stores in Canada, before taxes. Some exclusions apply. See Walmart Rewards Program Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Walmart Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be redeemed for more than the equivalent dollar value of your purchase. To redeem your Walmart Rewards, you must redeem a minimum of $5.00. If you wish to redeem more than $5.00 worth of Walmart Rewards, you must do so in $5.00 increments.
- Bonus Walmart Rewards (a $15 redemption value) will be awarded to your Walmart Rewards account within five business days of making two qualifying purchases using your Walmart Rewards MasterCard: One purchase at a Walmart store in Canada and one purchase at another location anywhere MasterCard is accepted. Both purchases must be made within 30 days of receiving your Walmart Rewards MasterCard. Only one bonus will be awarded per account. This offer is also subject to the full Walmart Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
- Bonus Walmart Rewards (a $10 redemption value) will be awarded to your Walmart Rewards account within two statements after you sign up for electronic statements. Only one paperless bonus per account. This offer is also subject to the full Walmart Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
Information For Customers