Ocean's Pole & Line Flaked Light Tuna
Description & Features+
WHAT IS "POLE & LINE"? Pole & Line is a simple and eco-friendly method of tuna fishing using a hook attached to a pole. It is rated by many conservation groups as the most evnironmentally friendly method of fishing tuna, as it eliminates 'by-catch' of other marine life including sea turtles and sharks.
POINT OF ORIGIN Ocean's Pole & Line tuna is caught in the Maldives in the Indian Ocean. The pole and line fishery yields positive socio-economic benefits for the Maldives including job creation and the development of a sustainable export industry. Ocean's is a founding member of the Pole & Line Foundation.
THE CATCH PROCESS
- Local fishermen carry live bait to attract schools of skipjack tuna to the boat.
- Schools of tuna are found by spotting sea surface disturbance.
- Chumming of live bait causes the tuna to surface around the boat to feed.
- Fishermen proceed to catch the tuna with hook lines and haul the fish into the boat.
- The tuna is then chilled on-board using ice for preservation.
• Rich in protein
• Low in fat
• Low in saturated fat
• Free of trans fat
If you buy something online but it's not everything you dreamed it to be, no worries! We're here for you.
You can return this item within 90 days from the day you receive your online order.
There are two easy ways to return this item:
- Return this item to a Walmart store
- Return this item by mail
From the Manufacturer +
Q & A+