High performance versatile speedlight
We're sorry! This product is not available.
Description & Features+
SB-700 AF Speedlight
High performance versatile speedlight brings simplicity to on-camera, remote, and multiple flash photography
- Commander FunctionYes
- Remote FunctionYes
- Guide Number28m/92ft. (at ISO 100, 35mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern, 20°C/68°F) to 39m/128ft. (at ISO 200, 35mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern, 20°C/68°F)
- Electronic ConstructionAutomatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
- Flash Exposure ControlDistance-priority manual flash i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with CLS compatible cameras
Manual Flash (with Nikon Creative Lighting System digital and 35mm SLR cameras)
- Lens Coverage14-120mm (DX-format) 24 to 120mm (FX-Format)
- Illumination patternThe light distribution angle is automatically adjusted to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats Standard Even Centre-weighted
- Other Available FunctionsTest Firing
Monitor Pre-flashes AF-assist illuminator Modeling illuminator
- Bounce Function (Tilt)Flash head tilts down to -7° or up to 90° with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°.
- Bounce Function (Rotate)Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
- Minimum Recycling Time2.5 sec. (approx.) with AA-size Alkaline (1.5V) batteries 2.5 sec. (approx.) with Evolta (1.5V) batteries 2.5 sec. (approx.) with NiMH (2600 mAh) batteries
2.5 sec. (approx.) with NiMH (eneloop) batteries 3.5 sec. (approx.) with Lithium (1.5V) batteries
- Flash Duration1/1042 sec. at M1/1 (full) output 1/1136 sec. at M1/2 output 1/2857 sec. at M1/4 output
1/5714 sec. at M1/8 output 1/10000 sec. at M1/16 output 1/18182 sec. at M1/32 output 1/25000 sec. at M1/64 output 1/40000 sec. at M1/128 output
- Power ON/OFFRotate the power switch/wireless mode switch for multiple flash units to turn the SB-700 on or off Standby function can also be set
- Required Power SourceFour 1.5 V alkaline AA-size batteries Four 1.5 V lithium AA-size batteries Four Rechargeable 1.2 V NiMH AA-size batteries
- Flash-ready IndicatorBlinks: insufficient flash output for correct exposure (in i-TTL or distance-priority manual flash mode) Lights up: recycled and ready to fire.
- Ready LightFront
- Flash Compensation-3.0 EV to +3.0 EV in increments of 1/3 EV steps in i-TTL mode
- Custom SettingAF-Assist Illumination Colour Filters Flash Compensation Steps in Manual Flash Mode FX/DX Format Selection LCD Panel Contrast Remote Flash Unit Settings Reset Custom Setting Sound Monitor Standby function Unit or Measuring Distance Version of Firmware
- Minimum Number of Flashes / Recycling Time160/2.5–30 sec. (1.5V AA Alkaline) 230/2.5–30 sec. (1.5V Evolta) 260/2.5–30 sec. (2600 mAh NiMH) 230/2.5–30 sec. (Ni-MH (eneloop)) 330/3.5–30 sec. (1.5V Lithium)
- Wireless Flash ModesMaster
Quick wireless Mode: A:B Off Remote SU-4
- Wireless Communication ChannelsFour: 1, 2, 3 and 4 Channels
- Wireless GroupsTwo: A, B
- Other FunctionsFirmware update Thermal cut-out
- Dimensions2.8 × 5.0 × 4.1 in. (71.0 × 126.0 × 104.5mm) (Approx.)
- Weight (Approx. without batteries)12.7 oz. (360g)
- AS-22 Speedlight Stand
- SW-14H Nikon Diffusion Dome
- SZ-3TN Incandescent Filter
- SZ-3FL Fluorescent Filter
- SS-700 Soft Case
Portable, Versatile Speedlight Unit i-TTL Speedlight optimized for use with Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS).
Complete Flash Head Positioning Freedom Bounce 90°up and 7°down with 360° rotation elevates creative lighting freedom.
Wireless Flash Control Wireless Commander Mode controls up to 2 remote Speedlight groups and an unlimited number of compatible Speedlights. When used as a remote speedlight up to 3 Groups can be selected. Four wireless channel options help manage wireless conflicts in multi-photographer environments.
Choose From 3 Light Distribution Patterns Using the simple slider switch on the back of the SB-700, you can optimize light quality by selecting Standard for general illumination, Center-weighted for portraits or Even, for groups or interiors.
Colour Filter Identification Automatically identifies mounted hard type colour filters and adjusts camera white-balance.* *With select Nikon digital SLRs
Automatic Format Identification Automatically senses the FX or DX-format camera in use and optimizes light distribution.
Firmware Updating Allows uploading of performance enhancement developments.* *With select Nikon digital SLRs
Nikon’s Precision i-TTL Flash Control Delivers precise flash exposures and seamless fill-flash performance—even in challenging lighting situations.
Hot Shoe and Wireless Operation Use on-camera, as a wireless master, commander or remote light source.
Versatile Auto Power Zoom Coverage Smoothly covers lenses as wide as 24mm and up to 120mm in FX-format.
Streamlined Controls and Menus Convenient Rotary Select Dial sets key functions quickly and a prominent Master and Remote control switch simplifies wireless operation.
Flash Tube Overheat Protection To prevent overheating, flash recycle time increases when SB-700 detects heat build-up.
Assembled product dimensions: L 2.80 inches x W 5.00 inches x H 4.10 inches x
Available for Shipping to Grab & Go Locker
Available for Shipping to Canada Post
Assembled Product Height
Assembled Product Length
Assembled Product Width
Supplier Warranty Length
Walmart Item #
From the Manufacturer +
Q & A+