10 Essentials for Every Makeup Bag
Makeup Bags 101
Foundation or a BB Cream
Eye Shadow Palette
Tinted Lip Balm
A Brush Set
The Five-Minute Face
- Start with your foundation or BB cream. If you’re using a foundation, make sure to moisturize first. Blend it in with your fingers; the warmth from your fingers helps make your foundation or BB cream easier to blend.
- Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara to your top lashes. To apply your mascara, hold the wand at the base of your eyelashes, then gently zig-zag the wand as you swipe up. This will help to coat every lash while preventing them from sticking together.
- Next, dust some blush over the apples of your cheeks for a subtle rosy glow.
- Finish off with a tinted lip balm or a lip gloss.
• Go through your bag every few months and toss anything that’s old. Bacteria can grow easily on makeup, which isn’t healthy for your skin
• Apply your foundation or BB cream with your fingers. It’s cleaner than re-using a sponge
• Take care of your skin! Always remove your makeup before bed, and make sure to moisturize
• Hydration and sleep help to keep your skin looking its best. Make sure to get enough of both!
Choosing the Right Neutrals for Your Skin Tone
Fair Skin +
Eye shadow: Champagne, brown-taupe, and light bronze Eyeliner: Brown or brown-black Mascara: Brown or brown-black Cheeks: Soft pink, light coral, and peach tones Lips: Light pink and sheer beige
Medium Skin +
Eye shadow: Brown-gold, chocolate brown, and peachy-beige Eyeliner: Brown-black or black Mascara: Brown-black or black Cheeks: Cool pink, dark peach, and rich pink Lips: Pinky-beige, warm honey, and tawny pinks
Dark Skin +
Eye shadow: Deep bronze, burgundy, and terracotta Eyeliner: Black Mascara: Black or blackest black Cheeks: Warm brown, deep fuchsia, and tangerine Lips: Chocolate browns, rosy brown, and caramel
Shop Related Products: