Aloha Burgers with Pineapple Chutney
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 tbsp||packed dark brown sugar|
|0.25 cup||Balsamic vinegar|
|0.50||medium red onion, diced|
|1||small tomato, seeded and diced|
|1.50 cups||diced pineapple|
|2 lbs||Ground Beef|
|2 tbsp||Teriyaki Sauce|
|2 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tsp||Onion Powder|
|2 tsp||Black Pepper|
|6||brioche buns, toasted|
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in brown sugar until blended. Stir in Coca-Cola and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in onion; cook and stir 2 minutes on medium heat. Add tomato and pineapple, stir to coat and turn off heat.
- Combine beef, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, 1-½ teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper in medium bowl; mix lightly. Shape into 6 patties.
- Meanwhile, cook burgers under broiler or on grill pan over medium-high heat, 6 minutes on each side. When cooked to desired doneness, keep warm. Return pineapple mixture to high heat and cook 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Top each burger with a heaping spoonful of pineapple mixture. Serve on toasted brioche buns.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.