Apple Pie a la Mode
1 hr 35 min
1 hr 15 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Line 9-in. (1 L) pie plate with 1 pie crust. Leave edges overhanging; chill until ready to use.
- Combine 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add apples and lemon juice and toss to coat. Arrange apples in prepared pie crust, mounding in center. Place second crust over apples and press gently to adhere to lower crust. Fold overhanging crust over; flute edge and cut a small hole in center to vent. Chill 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Brush pie with egg wash. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sugar. Place on baking sheet in the lower third of oven. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Bake additional 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until apples are tender, filling is bubbling and crust is golden. Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Serve topped with Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.