Apple raisin scones
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Heat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray, or oil lightly.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oat bran, apples and raisins.
- Combine water and egg whites; add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened. Shape dough to form a ball. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead gently 6 times.
- Pat into 9 inch circle on prepared cookie sheet. Score dough into eight wedges; do not separate. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Break apart; serve warm with jelly, jam or fruit preserves.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.