Applesauce oatmeal muffins
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|0.25 cup||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|1 tbsp||Brown Sugar firmly packed|
|1 tbsp||Butter melted, or margarine|
|0.13 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1.50 cups||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|1.25 cups||All Purpose Flour|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|0.75 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1 cup||Unsweetened Applesauce|
|0.50 cup||Fat-free milk|
|0.50 cup||Brown Sugar firmly packed|
|3 tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
|1||Egg whites lightly beaten|
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- For muffins, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well. In medium bowl, combine applesauce, milk, sugar, oil and egg white; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved topping, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.