Apricot Almond Biscotti
1 hr 10 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, apricots and almonds in large bowl. Make a well in centre of flour mixture; set aside.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, melted Becel® Buttery Taste margarine and almond extract in small bowl or measuring cup with wire whisk. Add to well in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Press and shape dough into a ball. Arrange ball on ungreased baking sheet, then shape into 40 cm-long by 2,5 cm-thick log with slightly moist hands. Bake until light golden brown and cracked on top, about 30 minutes. Let stand on baking sheet 10 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 325° F (160° C).
- Place warm log on cutting board and cut on sharp diagonale 8 mm slices with serrated knife. Arrange, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until pale golden brown. Cool biscotti on baking sheet (biscotti will harden while cooling). Store biscotti in an airtight container.
- Substitution: Use golden raisins or dried cranberries instead of apricots.
- To toast almonds, arrange on baking sheet and bake at 350° F (180° C), stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.