Asian-style Chicken Corn Soup
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 tbsp||Canola Oil|
|6||Chicken thighs boneless, skinless, cut into 1” pieces|
|2 tbsp||Garlic, minced|
|1 cup||Carrot sliced (approximately 3 medium cut diagonally)|
|1 cup||Cremini mushrooms sliced, around 3 mushroom pieces|
|3||Green Onions chopped (save some green ends for garnish)|
|6 cups||Chicken Broth no salt added|
|2 tbsp||Reduced sodium soy sauce|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
|Sriracha sauce optional|
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook corn cobs for 5 minutes.
- While corn is boiling, prep your ingredients.
- After corn is boiled, remove and cut kernels off lengthwise, and set aside.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until browned, approx. 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, mushrooms and green onions, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cover pot and bring to boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch into soy sauce. Add to boiling pot, stirring well.
- Add egg mixture while stirring. Eggs cook up into threads.
- Add corn and cook for 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt, pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls. Garnish with green onion tops. Add a dash of sriracha hot sauce if desired.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.