Asparagus Risotto with Chervil
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Remove tips from asparagus, peel and cut stems into 6 mm thick slices; set both aside. Stir Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken into hot water; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in heavy-duty saucepan and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Pour in just enough Stock to cover rice, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently and gradually stirring in Stock, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes. If needed, stir in additional hot water, 125 mL at a time, until rice is tender.
- Stir in asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking. Stir in cheese, Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* and chervil. Garnish, if desired, with additional chervil.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.