Baked cherry almond oatmeal
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2.25 cups||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|0.5 cup||Brown Sugar firmly packed|
|3 cups||2% Milk|
|3||Egg lightly beaten|
|1 tbsp||Butter melted (optional)|
|0.25 tsp||Almond Extract or 0.5 tsp.|
|0.75 cup||Dried Cherries|
|0.5 cup||Toasted sliced almonds|
|Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt (optional)|
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 8 (6 oz.) custard cups or ramekins with non stick cooking spray; arrange on rimmed baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and salt; mix well. In medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add to dry ingredients; mix until well blended. Spoon into cups. Stir cherries into each cup, dividing evenly; sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Bake until knife inserted near centre comes out clean, about 23 to 26 minutes for Quick Oats, 25 to 30 minutes for Large Flake. (Centres will not be completely set.) Cool 10 minutes. Top with yogurt, if desired.
- Substitute dried cranberries, blueberries or chopped dried apricots for dried cherries.
- To bake in 8 inch square baking pan: Spray pan with non stick cooking spray. Combine oats, brown sugar, salt and cherries in large bowl. Combine milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and almond extract in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients; mix thoroughly. Pour into pan.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.