Balsamic Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Vegetables
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|3 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|4||Boneless skinless chicken breasts halves, (about 1-1/4 lbs./625 g)|
|2||Clove Garlic chopped, divided|
|3 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|0.25 cup||Whipping Cream|
|1 pkg||Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish|
|1 pkg||Frozen cut green beans|
- Melt 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until chicken is almost done, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium heat and cook 1 clove garlic 30 seconds. Stir in vinegar and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then whisk in Gravy mix. Add chicken; turn to coat. Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook remaining 1 clove garlic, stirring frequently, 30 seconds. Prepare Mashed Potatoes in same saucepan according to package directions, increasing water to 1-1/2 cups (375 mL).
- Serve chicken and potatoes with gravy and hot green beans.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.