Baseball Ice Cream Cake
4 hr 30 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 pkg||Frozen prepared pound cake thawed|
|1 container||Breyers® Ice Cream your favorite, slightly softened|
|0.75 cup||Hot Fudge topping at room temperature|
|1 jar||Marshmallow creme|
|1 container||Frozen whipped topping thawed|
|Red decorating gel|
|4||Thin Red Licorice pieces|
|1 cup||Coconut flaked|
|2 ml||Green food coloring|
- Line 2-1/2-quart (2 1/2 L) glass or aluminum bowl with plastic wrap leaving 6-inch (15 cm) overhang; set aside.
- Slice pound cake into 14 slices. Line bowl with cake, cutting cake into triangles as needed to fit.
- Scoop 1/2 of the Breyers® Ice Cream into bowl, pressing to form an even layer. Pour in room temperature hot fudge topping, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border. Scoop in remaining Ice Cream, pressing to form an even layer; cover with overhanging plastic wrap. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Freeze serving platter 30 minutes before serving.
- Lift Ice Cream from bowl using plastic wrap and invert onto chilled serving platter; remove plastic wrap.
- Spoon whipped topping into large bowl. Whisk in marshmallow creme until smooth. Frost cake with marshmallow mixture.
- For Baseball Decorations, arrange licorice for "seams". Add "stitches" along seams using decorating gel.
- Combine coconut, food coloring and water in resealable plastic bag until coconut turns green. Sprinkle around cake for "grass".
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.