Berry berry streusel bars
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1.5 cups||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|1.25 cups||All Purpose Flour|
|0.5 cup||Brown Sugar firmly packed|
|12 tbsp||Butter melted, or margarine (1.5 sticks)|
|1 cup||Blueberries fresh or frozen (do not thaw)|
|0.33 cup||Strawberry preserves or raspberry preserves|
|1 tsp||All Purpose Flour|
|0.5 tsp||Lemon peel grated (optional)|
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine oats, 1 1/4 cups flour, sugar and margarine; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- In medium bowl, combine blueberries, preserves, 1 teaspoon flour and lemon peel, if desired; mix gently.
- Spread evenly over crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.