Best breakfast-for-dinner sandwich
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|150 g||Cheddar Cheese extra sharp|
|8 slices||Whole wheat bread calabrese or whole-grain bread|
|8 strips||Bacon thick-cut|
|1 Pinch||Black Pepper fresh-ground|
|2 lrg||Tomato thickly sliced|
|1 lrg||Avocado thinly sliced|
- Slice cheese into 8 slices. Lay 2 cheese slices each on 4 slices of bread. Spread ketchup on other 4 slices of bread.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium. Add bacon and cook until crisp, 5 to 7 min. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Crack eggs into bacon fat and fry over easy, 1 to 2 min. Season with pepper.
- Lay 2 bacon strips on top of cheese, then fried eggs overtop. Sandwich with ketchup-spread bread. Toast sandwiches in same pan until golden brown on both sides, about 3 min. Serve with tomato and avocado slices.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.