Braised Chicken with White Beans and Kale
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|4||Skinless Chicken Thighs bone-in|
|0.5 tsp||Dried thyme leaves crushed|
|1.5 tbsp||Becel® Original margarine|
|1 med||Onion chopped|
|3||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|2 cups||Chicken Broth|
|2 tbsp||Fresh sage leaves chopped|
|1 can||Red kidney beans, drained and rinsed or white kidney beans|
|1 bunch||Spinach kale or Swiss chard, washed, trimmed and coarsely chopped|
- Season chicken with thyme, and salt and pepper, if desired. Melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) Becel® Original margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic and remaining 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Becel® Original margarine to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add broth, and sage; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in beans and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Cook kale with a little water in large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Drain and squeeze out excess liquid with back of spoon.
- Divide kale onto 4 plates, then top with chicken, beans and sauce mixture. Garnish, if desired, with fresh sage.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.