Broccoli, Apple, and Bacon Salad in Walnut Vinaigrette
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally until crisp and golden, about 5 min. Spoon bacon bits onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve.
- Slice stalks from floret section of the broccoli head right at the base of the flower, keeping the flower section intact. Cut off the bottom inch of the stalk and discard the tough end. Peel the stalk, removing the woody outer skin until you reach tender core. Thinly slice on the diagonal and transfer to a large bowl.
- Slice the flower portion of the broccoli as thinly as possible, lengthwise, exposing the cross section of the broccoli. Add to bowl with sliced stalks.
- Chop ½ cup walnuts coarsely and add to bowl along with apple and ½ of the bacon bits.
- Whirl remaining walnuts in a food processor until finely ground. With processor running, pour in olive oil. Whirl until combined. Scrape into a medium bowl. Stir in lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Spoon vinaigrette overtop salad and toss well to coat. Spoon onto plates and garnish with remaining bacon bits.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.