Buying a Juicer
Juicers 101: Improve your family's diet
Types of Juicers
Cold Press Juicer/Masticating Juicer
Juicer Safety Considerations:
• Take extra caution when cleaning juicer blades
• For classic countertop blenders, ensure the lid is secured before operation
• Unplug your juicing appliance when not in use, especially around children
Most juicers contain an internal motor that operates on 700 to 800 watts. This gives your appliance quick-burst power to slice through almost any fruit or vegetable you put into it.
Stainless Steel Blades +
The spinning function within your juicer employs stainless steel blades that resist corrosion and are designed to remain sharp through long periods of frequent use.
Depending on the model, your juicer will likely feature suction cups or soft rubber feet on the bottom of the base. This is to ensure that the appliance does not shift during use, and it also reduces noise transference onto your countertops.
Citrus Cone +
Many products come with a citrus cone attachment for when you want to add the healthy acidity of citrus into your blended juice. On most models you simply push your halved fruit down onto the furrowed juicing surface to activate its rotation.
Pulp Container +
Juicer appliances extract the pure fruit and vegetable juice while isolating the spent pulp in a mesh filter. This is stored in a separate pulp container, which is removable for easy disposal. You can also save this nutrient-rich mixture for flavouring other kitchen creations.
Dishwasher-Safe Parts +
Juicer parts become sticky due to the high natural sugar content of most fruits. Fortunately, most juicers feature removable and dishwasher-safe parts so your appliance is ready for daily use. Follow product instructions for proper removal.
Shop Accessories & Related Products:
Juicer Maintenance Tips:
• Wash and dry removable parts after each use
• Save fruit and vegetable pulp for sauces, breads, or soups
• Use frozen ingredients for a chilled beverage
• Try making enough juice for multiple servings to save time