Candy Cane Pavlova
1 hr 55 min
1 hr 30 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Trace a 10-inch circle with a marker on the parchment, then add a 4-inch inner circle. When marker dries, flip it over (so the marked side is facing down).
- Whisk egg whites using an electric mixer until foamy. With mixer running, gradually add sugar. Increase speed to high and whisk until egg whites are glossy, thick and hold stiff peaks, 4 to 7 min. Stir vinegar with cornstarch until smooth. Whisk into egg whites.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared sheet, following the marker lines to create a wreath. Use the back of a large spoon to create indentations for the whipped cream.
- Place pan in the oven and reduce temperature to 250F. Bake 90 min or until meringue is golden and cooked through. Let cool completely.
- Whip cream with sugar and peppermint, using an electric mixer on high, until it forms soft peaks. Spoon into indentations in meringue. Roughly crack candy canes into large pieces. Top whipped cream with candy canes and pieces and chocolate curls.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.