Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and set rack to center. Line a baking tray with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry sheet leaving on the parchment paper it comes packaged in. Brush liberally with beaten egg; discard any extra. Sprinkle seasoning salt over the egg, and then evenly scatter over the cheese. Fold pastry sheet in half with the paper still attached, firmly press to help both sides sick together. Transfer to freezer for 15 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Remove pastry from the freezer and peel back the paper from one side. Cut widthwise into twelve 2cm-wide strips. One at a time, twist each strip 3-4 times then transfer to prepared baking tray leaving 2-3 cm between each twist. Press each end to stick it onto the parchment. If the dough gets too soft to work with return it to the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- Bake in center of preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, rotating the tray once, or until puffed and lightly browned. Serve warm or cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.