Chocolate peanut butter scrumpets
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 cup||All Purpose Flour|
|1 cup||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|2 tsp||Baking Powder|
|6 tbsp||Butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces|
|0.5 cup||Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Morsels|
|0.5 cup||Creamy peanut butter|
|0.25 cup||Unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 tbsp||Warm Water|
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine flour, oats and baking powder; mix well. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in chocolate chips. In medium bowl, using a wire whisk or fork, combine peanut butter, honey, milk, egg, and vanilla; blend well.
- Add to oat mixture all at once; mix with fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Spray measuring tablespoon with cooking spray. For each scrumpet, drop 2 heaping tablespoons dough in mound onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
- For glaze, combine honey, cocoa and enough water to make a pourable glaze in small bowl; blend well. Drizzle over scrumpets. Serve warm or at room temperature.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.