Cranberry orange bread
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 10 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|0.5 cup||All Purpose Flour 125 mL|
|1.5 cups||Whole wheat flour 250 mL|
|1.25 cups||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quaker 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked) (300 mL)|
|0.5 cup||Brown Sugar firmly packed (125 mL)|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder 5 mL|
|0.5 tsp||Baking Soda 2.5 mL|
|0.25 tsp||Salt 1.25 mL|
|0.25 tsp||Ground nutmeg 1.25 mL|
|0.5 tsp||Ground Cinnamon 2.5 mL|
|1 cup||Fat-free milk 250 mL|
|3||Egg lightly beaten|
|0.33 cup||Tropicana Pure Premium Homestyle Orange Juice 75 mL|
|0.25 cup||Vegetable Oil 60 mL|
|1 tbsp||Orange peel grated (15 mL)|
|0.75 cup||Cranberries fresh, frozen (thawed) or dried, chopped (175 mL)|
|2 tbsp||Pecans chopped (30 mL)|
- Heat oven to 350°F/180°C . Spray bottom only of 9X5 inch loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well.
- Combine milk, eggs, orange juice, oil and orange peel in medium bowl; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix).
- Stir in cranberries and pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.