Curried Red Lentil & Spinach Soup
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|1 med||Onion chopped|
|3||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Ginger finely grated|
|1.5 tsp||Curry powder|
|0.5 tsp||Ground Cumin|
|1||Carrot peeled and chopped|
|1||Ribs celery chopped|
|1 cup||Lentils red, rinsed and drained|
|1 carton||Reduced sodium chicken broth|
|1 cup||Regular Water|
|2 cups||Baby Spinach leaves coarsely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Lemon Juice|
|0.25 cup||Cilantro chopped (optional)|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large, heavy-duty pot over medium heat and cook onion, garlic and ginger, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cumin and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add carrot, celery, lentils, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered 20 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Process lentil mixture with hand-held blender** until still chunky. Stir in spinach and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro.
- **Or use traditional blender, processing soup in batches. After processing, return soup to pot and continue as above.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.