Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
8 hr 20 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1.5 kg||AAA Angus Sirloin Tip|
|1 tsp||Black Pepper|
|1 tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1 tbsp||Canola Oil|
|4||Garlic clove, minced|
|4 med||Carrots cut diagonally into one-inch pieces|
|4 sml||Potatoes quartered|
|4 cups||Beef Broth|
|1 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbsp||Sambal Oelek|
|1 tbsp||Dijon Mustard|
|2||Fresh rosemary springs|
|1||Fresh thyme spring|
|1 tsp||Cold Water|
|Salt and pepper|
- Remove roast from packaging and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over roast, being careful to season all sides. In a large skillet, heat canola oil to medium high. Sear roast for four minutes on each of four sides. Transfer to 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a large measuring cup, add Worcestershire sauce, sambal oelek and Dijon mustard to beef broth. Mix well and set aside.
- Add potatoes, garlic and carrots to slow cooker, nestling them around the roast. Pour beef broth mixture carefully over the top. Tuck rosemary and thyme around the roast. Cover and cook on low for eight hours.
- To make gravy: Ladle two cups of hot cooking liquid into a small saucepan. Set over medium high heat. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add to hot cooking liquid and stir until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Discard herbs. Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Remove roast to a cutting board. Slice thinly across the grain. Transfer to serving platter. Top with hot gravy.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.
Chicken Roasted with Artichokes, Tomatoes and Capers
Sweet Sensations Snack Mix
French Vanilla Puff Pancake
Blueberry Pomegranate Fruit Dip with Fruit Kebabs
Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins