English-Style Cod & Potato Pie
1 hr 25 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 lbs||All purpose potatoes peeled and chopped in small pieces|
|3 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|1 cup||Mushrooms sliced|
|1 sml||Onion finely chopped|
|1 pkg||Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix|
|0.5 tsp||Dried thyme leaves crushed|
|1 pkg||Frozen Peas|
|1 tbsp||Dry Sherry|
|1.5 lbs||Cod Fillet [or haddock fillets], cut into 2.5cm pieces|
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cover potatoes and garlic with cold water in large saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Beat potatoes, 30 mL Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* and 125 mL milk with electric mixer on low speed or with potato masher until smooth.
- Evenly spread mashed potatoes on bottom and up sides of 1.5 L baking dish; set aside.
- Melt remaining 15 mL margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms with onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in remaining 375 mL milk, Knorr ®Alfredo Pasta Sauce mix and thyme and simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in peas and sherry. Simmer 1 minute.
- Arrange cod on potatoes in prepared baking dish. Season, if desired, with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Pour sauce mixture over cod. Bake 40 minutes or until cod flakes with a fork and bubbling.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.