Festive Thumbprint Cookies
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1||Great Value Large Egg separated|
|1 cup||Great Value Whole Wheat Flour|
|0.25 cup||Golden yellow sugar packed|
|1 tsp||Great Value Cinnamon|
|0.25 tsp||Great Value Iodized Sea Salt|
|0.5 cup||Great Value Unsalted Butter softened|
|0.5 tsp||Great Value Artificial Vanilla Extract|
|0.3 cup||Our Finest Raspberry Cherry Cranberry Preserve Style Spread|
|1 pkg||Great Value Pecan Pieces|
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C.) Line a baking tray with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a food processor pulse the pecan pieces until finely chopped. Transfer to a small shallow bowl; set aside. Lightly beat the egg white until frothy in a separate small shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt several times to combine. Add butter, egg yolk, and vanilla; blend until smooth dough forms, scraping down the sides several times.
- Shape dough into 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sized balls. Roll in egg white then chopped pecans. Place 2” (5 cm) apart on prepared baking tray. Bake in center of preheated oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven; cool 1 minute. Using thumb or the back of a wooden spoon, indent the top of each cookie. Spoon a heaped ½ tsp (2 mL) preserves into each indent. Bake 16-18 minutes longer or until cookies are set. Cool completely on the tray before serving.
- Yields 20 cookies
- If you don’t have a food processor, finely chop the pecans by hand and mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to form the dough.
- Feel free to use any jam or preserve you have on hand.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.