French Dip Sandwiches
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1||French Bread about 21-in (53 cm), split lengthwise|
|2 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|1||Clove Garlic cut in half|
|1 lb||Boneless beef top sirloin steak about 1-in (2.5 cm) thick|
|1||Knorr® OXO® Beef Bouillon Sachet|
|0.75 cup||Swiss Cheese shredded|
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread bread with 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine. Place on prepared baking sheet and broil until lightly toasted. Rub bread with cut side of garlic clove 1/2. Sprinkle bread with cheese; set aside. Finely chop remaining 1/2 clove garlic.
- Season steak, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tsp.(5 mL) margarine in large skillet over medium heat and cook steak, turning once until desired doneness. Remove steak to cutting board; cover with foil.
- Melt remaining 2 tsp.(10 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. Add water and Knorr® OXO® Beef Bouillon Sachet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Thinly slice steak and place in medium bowl. Spoon 2 Tbsp.(30 mL) bouillon mixture over steak, tossing to coat. Cover and let stand.
- Broil cheese topped bread until cheese melts. Top bread with steak; cut sandwich into 4 pieces. Pour bouillon mixture into bowls for dipping.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.