Ginger-berry oatmeal muffin tops
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1.5 cups||Large Flake Quaker Oats (350 mL) or Quaker 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)|
|0.5 cup||Granulated Sugar 125 mL|
|0.5 cup||Butter melted, divided or margarine (75 mL)|
|1.33 cups||All Purpose Flour 325 mL|
|1 tbsp||Baking Powder 15 mL|
|0.75 tsp||Ground Ginger 3.75 mL|
|0.67 cup||Milk 150 mL|
|1||Egg lightly beaten|
|1 cup||Blueberries (250 mL) fresh or frozen|
- Heat oven to 400°F/200°C. Lightly grease large cookie sheet.
- Combine oats and sugar in large bowl mix well. For streusel topping, combine ¼ cup/60 mL oat mixture and 1 tablespoon/15 mL melted margarine in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder and ginger to remaining oat mixture; mix well.
- Combine milk, remaining melted margarine and egg in small bowl; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- For each muffin top, drop batter by ¼ cup/ 60 mL portions onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.