Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|0.25 cup||Lemon Juice|
|3 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|2 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Dried basil|
|1 tsp||Granulated Sugar|
|1 Pinch||Black Pepper|
|2||Tomato sliced into 4 thick rounds|
|1||Eggplant sliced 1/2-in. thick lengthwise|
|1||Red Bell Pepper quartered|
|1||Yellow pepper quartered|
|1||Zucchini sliced half lengthwise|
|Red Onion sliced into 4 thick rounds|
|Olive Oil for brushing|
|1 cup||Fresh Basil coarsely chopped fresh basil or cilantro (optional)|
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Whisk lemon juice with oil, vinegar, basil, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil, then place on grill. You might have to grill in 2 batches.
- Grill until tender and lightly charred, turning often, 6 to 8 min. Transfer vegetables to a cutting board as they are done. (Keep an eye on tomatoes and green onions as they cook quickly.)
- Chop grilled tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and red onion. Thickly slice zucchini diagonally. Thinly slice green onions.
- Toss vegetables with dressing until well coated. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.