Guiltless Broccoli and Cheese Rotini
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, prepare rotini according to package directions. Add frozen broccoli for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, prepare the cheese sauce. Whisk together ½ cup (125 mL) milk, corn starch, Dijon and seasoning salt until smooth; set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring the remaining milk to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring often. When simmering, slowly pour in the corn starch mixture while whisking.
- Bring back to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir through cheese until melted and smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over prepared rotini and broccoli; stir to combine. Serve immediately.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.