Ham & Cheese Pinwheel Puffs
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and set rack to center. Line a baking tray with parchment paper; set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry sheet leaving on the parchment paper it comes packaged in. Brush lightly with beaten egg. Cover the pastry with slices of ham, one piece will need to be cut; leave 2 cm along one edge empty to seal the roll later. Brush the ham lightly with egg; discard any extra. Evenly scatter cheese over the ham ensuring the 2 cm gap along one edge stays clean. Starting at the edge opposite the clean edge, roll into a log. Transfer to freezer for 15-20 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Remove pastry from the freezer and peel away the parchment paper. Cut into 1 cm thick rounds and transfer to prepared baking tray leaving 3-4 cm between each. Reform into circles if needed then press lightly with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
- Bake in center of preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, rotating the tray once, or until puffed and lightly browned. Serve warm or cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.