Hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew
5 hr 50 min
5 hr 30 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 pkg||Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef|
|1.5 lbs||Boneless beef stew meat cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces|
|Ground Black Pepper|
|4 tbsp||All Purpose Flour|
|1 tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
|1 lb||Potatoes cut into cubes|
|4 med||Carrot sliced|
|2 med||Onion cut into wedges|
|4||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp||Dried thyme leaves crushed|
|1 cup||Frozen Peas thawed|
- Pour boiling water over Knorr® Homestyle Stock in large measuring cup or bowl; stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Season beef with black pepper, then coat with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) flour. Heat oil in 10-inch (25 cm) skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, in two batches, stirring frequently; set aside.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic into 5-quart (5 L) slow cooker. Add beef, 3 cups (750 mL) broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 5 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Blend remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) flour with 1/4 cup (60 mL) broth in small bowl until smooth. Stir flour mixture, then peas into slow cooker. Increase the heat to HIGH. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.