Herb Crusted Pork Roast
2 hr 30 min
2 hr 20 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1||Bone-in pork loin roast about 5 to 6 lbs (2.5 to 3 kg), chine bones removed|
|0.25 cup||Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Chicken Bouillon|
|3 cups||Cold Water|
|0.5 cup||Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise|
|2 tbsp||Fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Fresh thyme leaves chopped|
|1||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|0.25 tsp||Ground Black Pepper|
|0.5 cup||Plain dry bread crumbs|
- Put roast in large bowl or pot. Combine Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Chicken Bouillon and water and pour over roast, making sure roast is fully submerged in the liquid. Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).'
- Remove roast from bowl and pat dry. Combine Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, rosemary, thyme, garlic and pepper in medium bowl. Coat roast with Mayonnaise mixture. Coat with bread crumbs. Place in roasting pan.
- Roast 1 hour 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 145°F (63°C). Remove roast from oven and increase oven temperature to 425°F (220°C).
- Return roast to oven and roast 10 minutes or until crust is browned. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.