Indian Spice Roasted Chicken with Squash
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 tsp||Ground Cumin|
|0.25 tsp||Ground Coriander|
|1 Pinch||Cayenne pepper|
|1 Pinch||Ground Cinnamon|
|1 Pinch||Ground nutmeg|
|1 Pinch||Ground Black Pepper|
|4 tsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine melted|
|0.25 cup||1% plain yogurt|
|1 tbsp||finely grated|
|2||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|3 cups||Butternut squash (1 inch/2,5 cm cubes)|
|4||Bone-in Chicken breasts, Skinless|
|0.25 cup||Cilantro chopped (optional)|
- Combine cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper with Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*. Stir ½ of the Becel® margarine mixture into yogurt, then stir in ginger and garlic; refrigerate. Combine remaining margarine mixture with squash in medium bowl; refrigerate.
- Make several cuts in each chicken breast; arrange, meat side up, in single layer in large baking dish. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, pushing into cuts. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Arrange chicken and squash mixture on baking sheet in single layer. Bake in center of oven, turning squash occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and squash is tender, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.