Lemon Sugar Crepes with Fresh Berries
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Finely grate peel from 1 lemon; set aside. Squeeze juice from 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup/125 mL juice). Bring lemon juice to a boil in small saucepan and continue boiling until reduced by half. Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar until dissolved; set aside.
- Combine flours, nutmeg, salt and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar and lemon peel until blended. Beat in egg white, yogurt and vanilla (mixture may look curdled). Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch (2,5 cm) balls and arrange on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Press gently to flatten, then press a cranberry in centre of each. Bake, one sheet at a time, in centre of oven, until bottoms are golden brown, about 7 minutes. Remove cookies to wire rack set over a baking sheet to cool. Dip cooled cookie tops into lemon glaze. When glaze looks dry, repeat dipping. Best eaten within 1 or 2 days. Store between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container.
- Great with a pot of tea or a little pick-me-up treat as the texture is almost cake-like. The yogurt and egg white in the cookie keep the fat lower than a traditional cookie. When cutting down on fat, parchment paper lets you skip the greasing of the baking sheet altogether. It is available in most supermarkets.
- *Becel® Gold in Quebec
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.