Lentil & Mushroom Stew
1 hr 25 min
1 hr 10 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 tbsp||Becel® Salt-Free margarine|
|1 med||Onion chopped|
|2||Stalk Celery chopped|
|2 med||Carrot chopped|
|1 med||Real Zucchini chopped|
|8 ozs||Cremini mushrooms sliced|
|3||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|0.25 tsp||Red Peppers ground|
|2.5 cups||Regular Water|
|2 cups||Reduced sodium vegetable broth fat free|
|1 can||Tomato diced|
|1 cup||Lentils rinsed and drained|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
- Melt Becel® Salt-Free margarine in large saucepot and cook onion, celery, carrots, zucchini and mushrooms over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and ground red pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
- Stir in water, broth, tomatoes and lentils and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, until lentils are tender, about 55 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.