Marbled chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 lb||Butter or margarine, softened (4 sticks)|
|2 cups||Granulated Sugar|
|1 cup||Brown Sugar firmly packed|
|4.25 cups||All Purpose Flour divided|
|2 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1 tsp||Salt (optional)|
|0.5 cup||Cocoa Powder|
|2 cups||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|2 cups||Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips divided (12 ounces)|
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined 4 cups flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Divide dough evenly between two bowls. Add cocoa to one bowl and add remaining 1/4 cup flour to second bowl; mix well.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup oats to each bowl; mix well. Cover and chill both doughs 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F. To shape cookies, remove small portion of each dough; keep remainder refrigerated.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of each dough, twisting doughs together to form a single cookie. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until light coloured dough is golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.