Oatmeal carrot cake bread
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 15 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 cup||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|0.5 cup||Fat-free milk|
|1 can||Crushed pineapple in juice un drained (8 ounces)|
|2 lrg||Egg lightly beaten|
|0.25 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|1.5 cups||All Purpose Flour|
|1 cup||Whole grain wheat flour|
|0.5 cup||Brown Sugar firmly packed|
|1 tbsp||Baking Powder|
|0.5 tsp||Baking Soda|
|0.5 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1.5 cups||Carrot shredded (about 3 medium)|
|0.5 cup||Chopped Walnuts|
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray bottom only of two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans or one 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease lightly.
- Combine oats and milk in medium bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Add pineapple (including juice), eggs, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in carrots, raisins and walnuts. Add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes (8 x 4 inch pans) or 60 to 75 minutes (9 x 5 inch pan) or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean and crust is golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.