Party Cheese Ball
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 pkg||Great Value Cream Cheese (8-oz.)|
|1 tbsp||Great Value Dijon Mustard plus 1 ½ tsp.|
|0.25 cup||Green Bell Pepper finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Great Value Dill Pickles finely chopped|
|4||Great Value Green Olives finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||White Onion finely minced|
|1.25 cups||Great Value Aged Cheddar Cheese shredded|
|0.5 cup||Pecan Halves finely chopped|
- In a medium bowl and using an electric hand-mixer, beat cream cheese and mustard until smooth and creamy; set aside. On a shallow plate combine bell pepper, pickle, olives and onion. Using a paper towel, lightly dab to absorb excess moisture. Add to cream cheese mixture; mix well.
- Gently fold in Cheddar. Place mixture on a large sheet of wax paper and shape into a ball. Cover and refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes or until cheese is firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small dry skillet cook pecans over medium-low heat 6 minutes or until lightly toasted. Place toasted pecans in a shallow dish; set aside to cool.
- Cover cheese ball with plastic wrap and shape into a well-rounded ball. Remove plastic wrap and roll the ball in pecans until evenly coated. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Serve with crackers, breads and raw vegetables.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.