Pork Stroganoff with Wild Mushrooms
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1.5 tbsp||Becel® Original margarine|
|1 lb||Pork Tenderloin thinly sliced across the grain|
|1 med||Onion chopped|
|3||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|0.5 lb||Mushrooms portobello, stems discarded and caps sliced|
|2 tbsp||All Purpose Flour|
|2 cups||Beef Broth reduced sodium|
|2.5 tsp||Sauce Worcestershire|
|1.5 tbsp||Tomato Paste|
|0.5 cup||Sour cream non fat|
|0.75 lb||Egg Noodles cooked according to package directions|
|1 tbsp||Fresh Parsley chopped (optional)|
- Melt 1/2 of the Becel® Original margarine in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown 1/2 of the pork. Remove pork to bowl and keep warm. Repeat with remaining Becel® Original margarine and pork.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to give off moisture, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in beef broth. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste.
- Combine cornstarch with sour cream; stir into sauce. Bring to the boiling point, then reduce heat to low. Return pork and any juices to skillet; heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over hot noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.