Pumpkin Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 cup||Granulated Sugar|
|0.75 cup||All Purpose Flour|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|2.75 tsp||Club House Pumpkin Pie Spice divided|
|Salt 0.5 mL|
|0.75 cup||Canned Pumpkin|
|2 tbsp||Icing Sugar|
|1 pkg||Cream Cheese 250g, softened|
|1 cup||Icing Sugar|
|3 tbsp||Butter softened|
|1 tsp||Club House Pure Vanilla Extract|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter 15 x 10 x 1-in (38 x 25 x 2 cm) baking pan. Line pan with wax paper; butter paper. Mix granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, 2 tsp (10 mL) of the pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl. Stir in eggs and pumpkin until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place clean kitchen towel on work surface; dust with 2 tbsp (30 mL) confectioners' sugar. Loosen cake around sides of pan with small knife. Turn out onto sugared towel, wax paper-side up. Fold 1 side of towel over short side of cake, then roll up cake jelly-roll style. Cool cake completely.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup (250 mL) confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and remaining 3/4 tsp (3 mL) pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl until well blended and smooth. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Unroll cake onto towel. Peel off wax paper. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake. Using towel, roll up cake and place seam-side down on serving platter. Trim ends of cake.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle cake with additional confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Add 1 cup finely chopped walnuts to the cream cheese mixture, if desired.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.