Quinoa and Cranberry Pilaf
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup||Quinoa uncooked, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup||Red Onion|
|3 tbsp||Cider Vinegar or lemon juice|
|1.75 cups||Chicken Broth no sodium|
|4 cups||Green Beans|
|2.5 cups||Baby Spinach leaves|
|0.5 cup||Dried Cranberries|
|0.25 cup||Pumpkin seeds toasted (optional)|
|0.25 cup||Goat cheese crumbled reduced-fat|
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in quinoa and ¼ tteaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes and fluff with fork. Transfer to bowl and let cool.
- Place green beans and ½ cup water in shallow heatproof dish; cover and microwave on high until tender, 1-2 minutes. Immediately immerse in bowl of ice water and let cool completely. Drain well and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together remaining oil, red onion, vinegar, garlic and remaining salt and pepper. Add quinoa, green beans, baby spinach, cranberries and pumpkin seeds (if using); transfer to large serving platter and sprinkle with goat cheese.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.