Red, White and Blueberry Shortcakes
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 350°F.(180° C).
- For cookies: beat butter with electric mixer in large bowl until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add confectioners sugar and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and salt
- Add flour; mix until no streaks of flour remain. (Do not overmix; dough will be soft.)
- On well-sugared surface, roll out dough to 6 mm thickness. Cut with 10-cm round cookie cutter into 12 rounds. (It will be necessary to gently combine and re-roll dough scraps.) Cut 4 of the rounds in half.
- Place cookies 2.5 cm apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 13 minutes or until somewhat firm but still pale in color. (Do not overbake.)
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 3 days. To freeze, place cookies in airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper.
- Mash 125 mL blueberries with fork in medium bowl; stir in granulated sugar.
- Gently stir in raspberries and remaining blueberries. Cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- For each “shortcake,” place whole cookie on dessert plate.
- Top with 2 small scoops Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream; place cookie half between scoops. Spoon fruit topping over ice cream and serve immediately.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.