Rhubarb Muffins with Walnut Streusel
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1.5 cups||Toasted Walnuts or ground walnuts|
|0.25 cup||Light Brown Sugar|
|1.12 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1.5 cups||All Purpose Flour|
|1 cup||Flour whole wheat|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|0.5 tsp||Baking Soda|
|0.5 cup||Becel® Original margarine melted and cooled|
|1 cup||Granulated Sugar|
|1 cup||Buttermilk 1%|
|1.5 tsp||Regular Vanilla Extract|
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Lightly spray 12-cup muffin pan or line with cupcake liners*; set aside.
- Combine walnuts, brown sugar and 1/8 tsp (0,5 mL) cinnamon in small bowl for topping; set aside.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 1/8 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon in large bowl. Make well in centre of flour mixture; set aside.
- Whisk melted Becel® Original margarine with egg. Beat in granulated sugar, then buttermilk and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb. Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle each muffin generously with walnut mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- *Use a second muffin pan to bake the remaining 4 muffins, or bake them after the first twelve are done. Fill the empty muffin pans with water for even baking.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.