Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup
1 hr 15 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Pierce potatoes in several times with fork. Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 60 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 375° F (190° C). Let sweet potatoes cool slightly. Slice in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp into medium bowl. Mash pulp with Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* until desired consistency. Stir in maple syrup and nutmeg.
- Spoon into lightly greased casserole dish**. Bake covered until heated through, about 20 minutes.
**May be made ahead up to this point and refrigerated. Reheat at 375° F (190° C) until heated, about 30 minutes. To reheat in microwave, microwave on HIGH about 5 minutes, stirring once, until heated through.
SUBSTITUTION: Try using thawed frozen orange or apple juice concentrate instead maple syrup.
Please see nutrition information for sugar content.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.