Rolled Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
1 hr 25 min
1 hr 10 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1.75 lbs||Turkey breast boneless and skinless|
|2||Clove Garlic thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp||Fresh sage leaves chopped|
|2||Fresh rosemary leaves|
|1 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|6 sml||Carrot cut into 1 inch (2,5 cm) pieces|
|0.5 med||Red Onion thinly sliced|
|1 cup||Reduced sodium chicken broth|
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
- Slice horizontally through turkey breast with knife parallel to cutting board, stopping 1 inch (2,5 cm) from opposite edge; open breast.
- Cut small slits evenly across inside turkey breast and insert garlic. Sprinkle inside of breast with 1/2 of the herbs. Roll up jelly-roll style starting from narrow end; secure with wooden toothpicks or kitchen string.
- Brush turkey with Becel® Buttery Taste margarine, then sprinkle with remaining herbs. Arrange turkey in roasting pan. Add carrots and onion.
- Roast 60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of turkey reaches 165° F to 170° F (73° C to 77° C). Remove turkey and vegetables to platter. Cover with aluminum foil and let stand 15 minutes.
- Place roasting pan over 2 burners and add chicken broth to pan juices. Bring to a boil over high heat, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Slice the turkey and serve with roasted vegetables and pan juices.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.